Tuesday, April 05, 2005

well, evil nemesis boy didn't email or call me yesterday...

and i'm simultaneously relieved and disappointed. relieved because i really don't want to be his friend and would rather not engage in stilted conversation with him ever again and disappointed because obviously seeing me on saturday didn't remind him how great i am and somehow jolt him into loving me. dumbass. you see why i can't see or talk to this guy? look what happens to me when i do!

so my blogging distraction isn't really working although i'm still laughing at my last post, that was classic. i need a real live distraction, like a date or something. i haven't been on a date in over 5 years. the last one i went on was in 2000 and it turned in a relationship that just ended this past december. and my 'whatever' that followed it went oh so well, didn't it? so yeah, i have no clue what i'm doing with guys anymore. some girlfriends of mine were telling me that the new thing for guys to do is to ask girls out later in the evening, like 9 or 10pm, so they don't have to buy you dinner, maybe just a drink or 2. this sounds horribly cheap-ass to me and i don't think i'm expecting too much to think that if guy asks me out he can darn well buy me dinner! i'd do the same if i asked him out.

so anywho, i decided to let 'l' give j-ashton my phone number. i figure, what do i have to lose? i'm not totally blown away by him or anything but he seems nice enough and i think a date might help take my mind off things. my friend 's' thinks that i should be able to get a dinner out of him since he was wearing a $150 shirt when we first met him. maybe....or he could just be able to afford $150 shirts because he's a cheap-ass bastard who only takes girls out after 10pm in order to avoid buying them dinner.

...oh, and he has exactly until wednesday night to call me (i figure that's fair since phone number approval was granted on friday) and then i'm making plans for friday and saturday night! fuck that waiting around/guys making last minute plans shit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

I have not heard about the after 10 thing. That's so incredibly screwy and just such a lame guy thing to do.

5:27 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

it was news to me too! not terribly encouraging but not totally surprising either. men will never cease to fail to meet my expectations...

5:42 p.m.  
Blogger jennifer said...

I have heard about the after 10:00 thing just recently. Something about a discount price on appetizers or food before the kitchen closes.

6:42 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

cheap-ass bastards. i have such a hate-on for men right now. grrrr.....

10:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home