Monday, April 11, 2005

once again, too much introspection...

i've been looking back at my blog postings over the last few months and have noticed a few things:

1) i swear. a lot.

2) i am a huge fucking suck when it comes to my boy problems.

3) i often appear like a really grumpy biatch.

4) i really like ellipses.

it's not that i'm apologizing for this since the whole point of a blog is that i can say whatever i want without worrying about looking evil...because who really cares, right? but it's kind of funny to me because i don't think it's really representative of who i am in real life.

so in response to the things i noticed about myself:

1) yes, i swear a lot on this blog but god help me, i work with kids all day and can't even mouth a 'fucking hell' without one of them noticing and telling on me! damn kids. and on my blog i'm usually talking about things that piss me the hell off...things that deserve a good f-word or 10!

2) yeah, i do look like a fucking suck, there's no way around that one. the ending of this non-relationship has been the hardest split i've ever (not) had, i'm not sure why. even breaking up with the first guy that i ever really dated/kissed/made out with (which was when i was 18 btw) wasn't this hard. i didn't want him to come back, i just wanted him to burn in hell. but this one, i don't know...it's like i think there's still something there that i can't give up on. and at 28 i never thought i'd get hurt so badly by someone i'd only known for a little while...still really trying to figure that out.

3) yes, i used to be a total nihilist but i don't think i'm grumpier than anyone else. i'm just not a big complainer to people so i think all the grumpiness gets out of me on the blog. plus the blog doesn't bitch back or tell me to calm down (i hate being told to calm down) and that i'm overreacting. because i'm not overreacting.

4) yes i do, i really like ellipses. and will continue to use them excessively. pbbbbblt!


so, some stuff about me that maybe hasn't come across in the blog....

i am the 'good influence' girlfriend. moms love me because i keep their good fer nothin', immature, disorganized, drug-smoking sons in line and on time. until i realize i am playing mom and finally bail. and then the moms friggin' miss me and want to trade in their sons to have me as their daughter.

i am sarcastic as hell and will make fun of everything, especially things with pretence and things that make no fucking sense, like 50 cent videos (where he models his new chinchilla jacket)...actually, i think this has come across pretty clearly.

i am very quiet and guarded until i get to know you and decide that you are trustworthy. ultimately i tend to decide that very few people are actually trustworthy.

i am a super loyal friend and will do almost anything for people i care about...but if you fuck me over, we're done.

i am a typical virgo. textbook. seriously.

did i mention that i really like ellipses?

i should have been in my 20s in the 1970s. i would've been a great disco-er.

my first impressions of people are usually bang-on.


....and that's about the size, at least for now.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cold Hands said...

Hey there lil' missy- I think it is time you CALM THE FUCK DOWN ;)

Kidding, kidding... we like your swearing - it shows you have spunk (damn those little snitching kiddos!)

8:42 a.m.  
Blogger Cold Hands said...

wait a minute - where are the rest of your comment whores???

3:39 p.m.  
Blogger Andi said...

I'm here!!! *flashing boobs*

Let me just say:
1) Also wayyy too addicted to ellipses...
2) I fucking swear like a goddamn sailor.
3) It sucks being the good influence gf doesn't it?? And isn't it often harder to let go of the fam than to the actual ex?? Hmmphf.

5:12 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

thanks chicas...what would i do without you?

and yes, i have broken up with many a mom that i have loved.

6:38 p.m.  
Blogger jennifer said...

It's better to be a grumpy, foul-mouthed biatch-ey librarian than the alternative--the ticking time bomb spinster who never leaves the house. I'm sure you know a couple of those.

Where would we be without the word fuck? I know my vocab. would be a bit more child-friendly but tosns duller

8:48 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

that i do, that i do...

a warning to all, beware particularly the male librarian, he is an extraordinarily strange breed lacking in most social skills, frequently seen taking things waaaaay too seriously, and making mangoes flambe.

...although the spinster thing may just be a few years away for me...gotta put a stop to that.

9:01 p.m.  
Blogger Cold Hands said...

hold it there - is the spinster thing is 'just a few years away' for you then it means the same is true for me and I refuse to believe that!!!

I will insist on all of the neighborhood kids calling me the crazy cat lady instead of spinster- it just has such a nice ring to it. does that mean that i will have to get more than my 2 cats 'casue I dont think I can afford that...

12:34 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

ok, when i say "a few" years i mean like at least 15! and i would much rather be the crazy lady too, although i'm not so sure about the cats...

5:19 p.m.  
Blogger egan said...

Just discovered your blog via Steph's. Love the top 4 list of things your readers may not know. Three of those four things also apply to me. I, unlike you, don't use ellipses all that much. Read my blog and you will find that out. Oops, not trying to pimp my blog.

Actually, the damn ellipses are my downfall too... but they are much prettier than commas. I just don't have the boy trouble issue. Like what I see thus far. I feel you on the biatch thing. My friend just told me my blog is nothing, but complaining. Fuck him! Who writes a blog about blue skies and butterflies?

12:49 a.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

hey egan, welcome! very glad to have some boy traffic.

i think if your life is perfect, you're too boring to blog. and down on being boring!

and please, pimp away, pimp away my dear...i will be sure to check out your blog.

4:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home