Thursday, April 14, 2005

brainiac smooth move of the day...

i hadn't been at work more than 15 minutes and i already wanted to go home. i was filing shelf list cards and went to get some dust out of the box and stupidly turned the drawer over. there is no spindle holding the shelf list cards in the box so Young Adult Fiction H-L fell all over the floor. if we didn't have a fucking card catalogue we wouldn't need stupid shelf list cards and i wouldn't have been resorting them for 30 minutes. grrrr....

later on my grade 8 boyfriend stood at my desk and did a puzzle of the solar system that should have taken him 10 minutes max for about half an hour. i forced him to not use the directions. oh, young love. speaking of my harem, i think i have my grade 5 and 6 boyfriends lined up but we'll see if they're long term or not.

came home and decided to take a nap before my 'date'. woke up at 6, had to be out of the house by 6:30. not good.

the date was good, we walked to the desert place and consumed way too much sugar and had a really fun time. at the end of the night he stood by my car and asked me if i'd like to go out again and then he gave me a quick little kiss, he was very nervous and it was all very cute. cracks me up, this whole thing is so high school but since i had no dates in high school i'd might as well do this now. and next time he's getting a way better kiss...

12 Comments:

Blogger Narrator said...

Saw your picture, agolicious and you are one smokin' hot mama. If I ever give up on men (coming soon to a lesbo near you), I'm driving to Winnipeg to hump your leg.

11:29 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

thank you my dear, you're so sweet! you're pretty darn be-yoo-tee-ful yourself.

and please promise me if you do move your blog, that i'll get an invite to the new location...

11:52 p.m.  
Blogger egan said...

They still use shelf cards? Is that Dewey Decimal System still in use too? I have to say librarians are hella cool in my book. My wife's friend is a librarian at the University of Washington. She knows so much useless and useful information about everything. It's great.

Funny remark about the high school dates. I, like you, was without dates in high school. I think it's because I always oozed chlorine from swimming too much. Oh and maybe because I insisted on cutting my own hair. Happy your dessert date went well. Have a bowteeful Friday.

12:10 a.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

yes, they still use shelf cards...only because i work in the school library that time forgot! i nearly had a heart attack when they showed me around at the job interview and i saw the card catalogue. we use dewey although the kids mess things up so badly that i'm tempted to start ignoring most of the decimal points. and yes, i too am full of lots of useless information.

as for the no dates in high school, i think the problem was:

a) guys didn't seem to want to date a girl who was smarter and taller than them...i'm 5'11.

and

b) i was pretty shy and wouldn't put out.

12:20 a.m.  
Blogger Osbasso said...

In reference to the new picture--oh, my!

1:36 a.m.  
Blogger jennifer said...

Awww. Your date sounds really sweet. There's nothing better than a quick peck early in the dating process. Having some guy jump down your throat too early is usually bad news for me. Disinterest soon follows.

Also, I love old-school card catalogs. I worked in the gov docs department during undergrad and loved it! Plus, when there's a power outage, no one is bitching and moaning about not being able to find stuff...much unlike my completly online law library today.

5:04 a.m.  
Blogger Narrator said...

ago, yaw! if and when that happens. i don't mind a few of my real-life friends reading it, but others are filtering in and I don't like it.

card catalogues are so romantic. i think libraries should stay retro in that respect. databases and masterfile elite -- wow, love 'em! but there's no reason to do away with the cc. who said it works when even technology fails? damn right.

8:37 a.m.  
Blogger Narrator said...

Egan, have you seen the movie UHF? Remember Conan the Librarian: "Don't you know the Dewey Decimal Sys-tum?!"

8:39 a.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

jen, i wouldn't mind the card catalogue so much if:

1) it got updated when the library was weeded

and

2) we had an electronic check out, sometimes i really hate dealing with the circ cards...although it was a really good way to learn kids' names.

i hope your date tomorrow is equally sweet!

oh, and non, i can't think of anyone i would rather have hump my leg...

9:51 a.m.  
Blogger Andi said...

Love the pic! You're gorgemous (TX term...it's flattering, trust me)! Also known as beautimous. :o)

Glad to hear the date went well. High school nervousness is the new suave. Gotta love it!

10:33 a.m.  
Blogger egan said...

UHF? I think I have seen parts of it. Sorry this don't ring a bell. I can't believe I haven't seen it though since it stars the coolest curled haired man alive... Weird Al. (Carrot Top is number 2)

Ago, I will make sure to quiz you when I have a trivial question or when I am horned out.

12:21 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

os, thanks for dropping by...as well as for the compliment.

andi, i will certainly accept being gorgemous or beautimous! you lovely people are so good for my ego!

egain, bring it on! guaranteed that if i don't know the answer offhand, i can find it very quickly...i am pro searcher!

5:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home