Tuesday, April 12, 2005

21 year old midget...

one of my 7 year old, grade 2 buddies told me today that he was 21 and 'legal'. when i looked at him skeptically, he said that he was in fact a 21 year old midget.

actually, i think he said 'little person'...not sure if that was political correctness on his part or a lack of knowledge of the word 'midget'.

this is the same kid who claimed he could read a Redwall novel (which is about 500 pages and grade 5 or 6 level) despite the fact that he's still working on his printing and reading Franklin the turtle books. when i asked him about the plot (i'm so mean...) he proceeded to interpret the cover in typical 7 year old fashion, "there's this rat and he gets stabbed by the bad guy and then they have a battle and then..."

i wish i could bring this kid to parties, he'd be a laugh a minute! well maybe i can, he is 21 after all.

kids man...you can't make this shit up.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cold Hands said...

my intoxication made me stop by (again)....

too cute (your little boys) - you know that children know better than anybody else what is beautiful in the world, right?

Lucky you!

8:42 p.m.  
Blogger Narrator said...

Steph, that is the most sensitive comment I've ever seen come out of you. I'm so touched.

9:39 a.m.  
Blogger Narrator said...

And touched DOUBLE by your intoxication. What's your poison?

9:40 a.m.  
Blogger Cold Hands said...

last night it was beer - yeah, I know, but in my defense I was at a biker bar and if you order wine there it comes out of this huge jug with a handle. Not appealing.

Usually I'm a Grey Goose and Tonic kinda' girl.

And you don't drink, right?

1:20 p.m.  
Blogger Narrator said...

red wine here and there, my sweet. once, twice a year at the most. i've got a "valid" reason. it's not that i'm a prudish tight-ass.

3:29 p.m.  
Blogger Narrator said...

or do i have a valid "reason"?

3:29 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

steph -my goal is to accumulate a complete elementary school harem before i quit, i think i'm well on my way...

and non will make an exception to the 'valid' drinking reason when we get together to bitch and moan about the job situaton...the red wine will be a flowin'.

4:55 p.m.  
Blogger Narrator said...

ago, if we ever cross provincial paths, we will have to meet and bitch. and drink.

steph can come, too. but steph, you have to wear a cowboy hat and chaps.

6:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home