Tuesday, March 08, 2005

the whole boy disaster story.

i am really annoyed at myself these days because i am having big problems getting over this guy with whom i didn't even really have a 'relationship'. there are parts of the story scattered throughout my blog but since my goal is to be more truthful on this blog, i'm just going to put the whole story out there in one piece so it makes sense.

this guy and i were hanging out fairly regularly in a purely platonic friendship relationship (i had just gotten out of a long-term relationship and was so messed-up about that that i wasn't even considering anything new) and after a few months he indicated that he was interested in me in a romantic way. i thought it seemed a bit risky for me but having someone be attracted to you and show you a lot of attention is an easy way to get sucked in. and he was funny and cute and interesting, we wouldn't have been friends otherwise, and i never take risks like that so i why not give it a try. so i went with it and opened myself up and ended up getting fucking burned, badly. it all culminated with the bullshit "i don't want to ruin our friendship" speech which WAS absolute bullshit because if you really think dating is going to ruin the friendship, you don't approach someone romantically in the first place...and once you already have, it's too fucking late to go back and 'un-ruin' things! so what he was really saying was that he wasn't interested in me anymore at all which threw me for a loop because he was the initiator in all of this. so i had made myself fucking vulnerable for nothing and now he was telling me that he just wanted to be friends again; problem was, i still had a huge crush on him. what a fucking kick in the ass. so i had a brief (but really bad) meltdown where i told him we couldn't talk for a while, drank some wine, took too many sleeping pills, cried until i couldn't anymore, and fell asleep in my clothes. i spent a few weeks trying to get over it and attempting to be a reasonable grown-up who could have 'friendship' with the boy who fucking crushed her.

so i contacted him once i thought i was ok and left a message on his answering machine and waited and waited for him to call me back. he finally did and we had the world's most awkward conversation where he basically pretended nothing happened and ended with me feeling like shit and him saying he'd email me (which would normally mean in 1, 2 days max). so for 3 days i fucking waited. and compulsively checked my email even more than usual and totally tortured myself waiting for him to contact me. i was fine as long as i was the one to be initiating contact but once he had the upper hand i turned into a useless, pining idiot and i realized that this was not cool. so at the end of day 3 when i didn't get an email from him i called and told him that i couldn't talk or be friends with him right now because i still had feelings for him and i was going to get hurt every time we talked/hung out/whatever because my feelings weren't reciprocated. and he was a selfish asshole and said "but i don't want to not talk to you until august?" (to which i replied, "it's not really your decision") and asked if he could email me (which part of "we can't talk" didn't he get?).

so i haven't even seen him in over a month and that phone conversation was about two weeks ago. so even though he told me that he has no romantic interest in me, i can't seem to get past that. in my brain i know he doesn't want me and never will and i'm not so much of a masochist that i am going to make an ass of myself and try and convince him to like me....but this little part of me keeps saying "maybe if you do 'x', he'll like you again" which is ridiculous. and i keep having these lame fantasies where he calls me (even though i told him not to) or writes me a long letter apologizing for his asshole behaviour saying that he misses me and realizes that i am the perfect woman, etc. and i read this and realize how sick this sounds and how i look like a f-ing madwoman...which is entirely the point! i can't fucking get over this guy and it is ridiculous. and even when i'm doing well and not torturing myself it's impossible to avoid thinking or hearing about him because he's the one who lives on the way to fucking everywhere, he still interacts with a few of my friends, AND he works in the local radio/tv industry in an audible/visible position!

so yeah, not sure where this leaves me...i feel like i'm 14 again or something -and not in a good way.

a

4 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

My ex reads my blog. And he lives seven blocks from me. I am running out to buy a journal to write all the things that I don't want public.

I want him back. We're told to fight for everything else in life; careers, money, rights. But why are we expected to just walk away from relationships? Without getting all stalkery and psycho...I plan to fight for my heart. It was too real and too good. It's worth trying.

8:05 a.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

i know, it seems strange that we're supposed to back-off when it comes to relationship stuff and accept what's thrown at us. but i guess it's easier to stand up for yourself when you have practical and logical reasons to plead your case...trying to convince someone to change their feelings is nearly impossible because there aren't always explainable 'reasons' for emotions.

good for you deciding to fight for your heart, if you are supposed to be with your ex, i really hope it works out for you. unfortunately i don't think i can try to convince him to give things another shot; it'll just hurt like hell when he rejects me again (which i'm sure he will) because he doesn't 'feel' the same way and i don't think i can take that again.

and it really fucks me up that i'm having almost as much trouble (time wise) getting over something that lasted not even a month as with getting over my relationship that lasted almost 5 years....i don't get it.

11:36 a.m.  
Blogger Megan said...

It's never easy. It took me 6 months to get over a 5 monther, and a week to get over one that was almost a year.

This one...he says that he's never felt romantic love for me, and yet he loves me, can't bear to not see me or email me or check my blog...I don't know. I think he's nuts. Yes, I am that special!

As for you, if you truly feel that it's a loss, then write write and write. Keep blowing steam.

5:43 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

thanks for the encouragement, i know i've just got to wait this stuff out...

i really think that guys want things both ways. while they may say they don't want a romantic relationship, they also don't want to give up contact and all the good stuff that come along with having a really cool girl around who likes/loves them. and often (because we still really like/love them), we try to give them what they want. and so he gets what he wants and the cool girl ends up getting shafted.

11:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home