Thursday, May 26, 2005

ok, i'll play...maybe it'll help my mood

noni tagged me so here goes...

1. Total volume of music files on my computer: they're scattered a few places but there are about 750. shit, that's a lot.

2. The Last CD I bought was: Joss Stone's Mind Body and Soul. it was for me.

3. Song Playing Right Now (i just got out of my car and went straight to the computer so i'm counting the song last playing in my car) : Just a Touch of Love by Slave. i tell you kids, i should have been a disco-er.

4. Five songs I listen to a lot (in no particular order): i listen to stuff on repeat a lot. probably annoys the hell out of my mom. here are some recent faves.

Doin all the Doin by Ivana Santilli. song is about being in a one-sided relationship. very laid back and for some reason i like the key change. her album does not do her justice, fucking kicks ass in a live show.

Automatic by the Pointer Sisters. dunno why, just like it. especially in the car. nostalgic maybe.

I Play Chicken with the Train by Cowboy Troy. my arm wrastlin' uncle shared this gem with me during the funeral week and made me burn it to cd so he could play it for absolutely everyone who came in the house. oh so wrong and yet so fucking catchy catchy catchy...

Bad Girls by Donna Summer. maybe my favourite disco song evah. for sure top 10! ah, toot toot, yah, beep beep.....

Move on Up by Curtis Mayfield. a talented man that Curtis. and not singing about bitches and hos in different area codes...not that there's not a time and a place for that, but Curtis was soulful and deep. and wrote many a damn fine song. taken from us much too early

and since noni tagged me, i'll copy her by adding some other honourable mention faves: Light Years by Jamiroquai, Get Down on It by Kool and the Gang, Early in the Morning by the Gap Band, C'est la Vie by Robbie Nevil, and Right for Me by Justin Timberlake.

oh, and i tag katarina, jen, and os.

4 Comments:

Blogger Osbasso said...

OK--I've posted it. I was tagged in March, so this was easy!

I do like that Cowboy Troy! Though I agree that the song is wrong on multiple levels. I can see your uncle doing that, too!

8:50 a.m.  
Blogger jennifer said...

My list has been posted as well. So now the world knows my musical tastes are questionable at best.

3:56 p.m.  
Blogger Narrator said...

what's the deal with your previous no comments post? I'm so nosy...

((((Ago))))

4:03 p.m.  
Blogger Osbasso said...

Deener--go check Steph's site for the answer. Link is on Go-go's page.

4:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home