Tuesday, May 24, 2005

good intentions, things i'm hating right now, and asparagus pee

i went in early to work today. my first day back to work last week one of the TAs came and gave me a big hug and asked me if i wanted to go for a walk with her at lunchtime. i figured i could use the exercise and it would make me feel better, and it did. we walked for about 45 minutes and it was great. i didn't even get my mid-afternoon crash where i feel like curling up on the floor and napping.

problem was, after the lovely walk i was all sticky and felt slightly dirty. i don't want kids to start calling me the smelly librarian or something....and i had a stupid blister on the bottom of my foot! since i had no bandaids in the library, i made a make-shift one out of a piece of kleenex and some book-repair tape. not so cute but functional. tomorrow i will be bringing running shoes and a change of shirt.


the things that are irking me...

  • when there is no hook for your purse on the back of a public washroom stall. i especially hate it because chances are if there's no hook on the door, the bathroom is in a place you absolutely do NOT want to put your purse on the floor.



  • when cars don't have a knob to adjust the side mirror on the passenger's side. how hard is it to put in that little lever? i could even handle not having a knob on the driver's side because if i was really desperate to move the mirror when i was driving i could roll down the window but there's no way in hell i can roll down the passenger window, reach over, and fix that stupid mirror! cheap bastards.



  • blogger spellcheck and its anti-canadian/british spelling. i shouldn't have to add a word every time i spell something with 'ou' instead of 'o'. also, why doesn't blogger spellcheck include swearing? do they expect all of their journal-ers to be happy all the fucking time?



  • when buffets have the salad dressing already on the salad. everyone has to walk over to the table to get their own salad, would it be so hard for them to put the dressing on themselves too? not everyone likes lettuce drowned in raspberry vanilla vinaigrette or whatever the gross trendy salad dressing of choice is these days.



  • asparagus. for a moment today i thought something was horribly wrong with me. as in, serious infection horribly wrong. then i remembered i had eaten asparagus for lunch. fucking asparagus.

10 Comments:

Blogger Osbasso said...

Nice to see that you're not one of the blessed few that can handle their asparagus!

I generally don't have the bathroom hook problem, and my car has electric mirrors, so I can adjust to my hearts delight.

As for the spellcheck, I agree wholeheartedly. I just love seeing you guys mispell all those words--sort of boosts that all-American superiority that we feel. Actually, the correct answer to this is: Blogger has spellcheck?

No comments on the salad thing or feeling dirty after your walks. But thumbs up for your MacGyver-like skills with the kleenex/tape.

Spend some time tomorrow finding someone with a camera. We're waiting for you!

11:19 p.m.  
Blogger egan said...

I love these rambling posts of yours where you vent. First of all, the hook thing isi annoying. I wear a long rain coat often and I am not squatting with that thing on. Sometimes I will improvise and drape my coat over the towel dispenser, but not so easy with purse.

Mirrors: upsell item Ago. More money for manufacturers when something like that should be a standard feature on all cars. Spellcheck: I generally hate spell check. Os... spellcheck only appears when using Firefox..doesn't show with Safari. I'm chequing my work when I am done to see if I misspelled anything. Buffets style restaurants scare me. Normally I am not a germ freak, but I don't like them or the quality of the food. Has a Florida feel to it, if you know what I mean. Asparagus: I love the bright yellow nuclear pee it creates. It's a not so subtle reminder you ate well.

1:54 a.m.  
Blogger Andi said...

I've learned something new today. I didn't know they EVER put the dressing on the salad for you. If I ever see this happen I will bitch slap them and yell forcefully, "This is for Ago, you nutless, brainless bastard!"

See, spell check would've disliked that.

8:01 a.m.  
Blogger erin said...

I love that Blogger's spell-check doesn't recognize the word "blog."

9:49 a.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

os, i should get someone to take a picture of my blister!

egan, is the raincoat because you are a flasher? or because you live in seattle? regardless, i'm glad the boys are feeling the no-hook pain.

erin should understand this since she's from winnipeg too. i went to the Pyramid (a dirty, dirty bar)...no hooks on those bathroom doors. at a place like that they've got to be kidding if they think i'm going to put my purse down on the filthy germ-covered, vomit-spattered, bodily fluid-doused floor...i barely wanted to put my feet down! i sat in the stall with my purse on my lap clutching it for dear life. oh, and girls who pee on the seat, i hate that too.

and i know the mirror thing is an upsell. but the leap from "no knob on the passenger side mirror" to "power mirrors, power windows, sunroof, moonroof, dvd player, gps, toaster over, and chauffeur" is a bit extreme. who really needs a moonroof anyway?

andi, when you start attending PD and/or when all your friends start getting married, you'll experience the salad dressing grossness. consider yourself forewarned.

erin, exactly. you'd think something called "blogger" would accept "blog" as a word. has no one pointed this out to them? i think you should send them an email.

also, welcome fellow winnipegger! i too am a Carlos & Murphy's fanatic. judging from that, i think we'd get along very well.

10:26 a.m.  
Blogger egan said...

Busted, I am a flasher. See my photo on my blog for proof.

11:37 a.m.  
Blogger Osbasso said...

A picture of the blister would be OK, but read my blog for the guidelines! :-)

12:20 p.m.  
Blogger egan said...

Os, you are a blog pimp man. You drive so much traffic to your site. It's awesome.

1:05 p.m.  
Blogger Narrator said...

When there's no hook, I keep my purse on my shoulder while I do my business. And I'll shit on the toilet seat as a 'thank you' to the establishment.

I don't eat dressing.

I live on asparagus. My pee is positively vermillion.

11:37 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

kat, cracked me up with the 'foot holding the door closed' thing, so so true!

i'm thinking of taking up wearing a fanny-pack, that would solve the whole purse conundrum. i'd never ever have to use a public washroom again because no one would take me out in public if i wore a fanny-pack!

dena, purse on the shoulder only works for me if it's a long cross-body type strap, short ones tend to fall off.

and i don't eat dressing either...that's the problem!

12:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home