Thursday, September 15, 2005

my. god.

last night i met my friend A for drinks (yes, i expressly ignored the gout diet and had 2 green apple martinis...and i thoroughly enjoyed them!) and she mentions that she's becoming friends the "the boy". yes, "the boy". her boyfriend plays in the band my ex was in and the boy hangs out at that bar on sundays so it's not super unusual. at least that part wasn't.

so A asks me if i had ever hung out with the boy outside the bar (note: no one at the bar really knows the details of the situation) and i said yes and that we stopped hanging out because his crap became too confusing (understatement). she asked me to explain and i was fairly honest and said that he was all "I like you...we'd be good together but I just want to be friends" and i couldn't handle it anymore (again, a gross understatement).

the super hilarious thing is that he's now doing to her exactly what he did to me back in November/December. in the words of the brilliant polly, exactly. exact. lee.

he tells her she has beautiful eyes, he tells her that he loves her shoes, he puts his arm around the back of her chair, he stares at her, he touches her leg with his foot under the table. he emails her a few times everyday and brings up flirty topics like fantasies, he wants her to call him at work, he invites her down to the studio where he works. he tells her he doesn't want to make her boyfriend mad with their 'friendship' because he really respects him as a musician.

my fucking god. he said all of those things, in addition to me having perfect teeth and a great ass, to me! exactly. and i told A that.

what a fucking cheeseball scammer! he needs a new fucking MO or something. my god, what a loser. helloooo? stop hitting the the girlfriends of the musicians you 'respect' so much...or at least get some new fucking lines.

but this totally helps me understand what he did to me; he likes flirting with unavailable women because there's no risk. he can be as inappropriate as he wants under the guise of friendship but when a relationship is actually a possibility, he freaks out, acts like an ass and bails...but then still wants to be friends because flirting and sexual tension is oh so fun.

what a fucker. makes me laugh.

10 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Dear God. How old is this "boy"? Boy is right. What an idiot. He's going to die mighty lonely.

8:31 p.m.  
Blogger Osbasso said...

Glad to see you in a more cheerful mood!

You were so right to dump this guy! Never trust a musician. They're worthless! I'm guessing things are a little better these days???

10:07 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

megan, the 'boy' is 25. sad huh? he just doesn't get it.

os, things are ok. i have my grumpy job-hating moments but otherwise i'm good.

12:55 a.m.  
Blogger PackerPundit said...

seriously... some guys need to get a clue... that sucks... he sucks... thank God I'm not like that *innocent grin*
Romey

5:05 a.m.  
Blogger ~art said...

I like Princess Steph's idea-mess him up

11:32 a.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

romeo, yes, guys do need a clue! i checked out your blog, very cute, as are you...but i think you have ADD :o)

steph and art, the plan is totally to fuck with him! my friend is thinking about inviting him over for dinner and then having me show up...we'll see who he flirts with then!

4:53 p.m.  
Blogger Andi said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If boys are stupid, throw rocks at them.

Sounds like this boy needs a brick.

12:07 p.m.  
Blogger HS said...

Aw, I've been through that whole sham before as well...maybe its just the Winnipeg men? :)

11:29 p.m.  
Blogger extraspecialbitter said...

I first read "cheeseball spammer" as "cheeseball hammer" and wondered how difficult it would be to drive a nail into a wall with it.

12:20 p.m.  
Blogger The Funky Bee said...

what an asshole...what's even worse is he is using the same line on two women who know each other and can talk and compare notes! You guys need to expose him! uuggh, I hate creepy guys like that. He preys on people, that's what he does! What a tool!!

12:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home