Tuesday, September 13, 2005

letting myself go....(and not in a good way)

bleah. this is the 4th, maybe 5th day in a row that i've worn my hair in a ponytail and i don't care. actually i'm not sure when i last washed my hair. gross. i'm surprised that i'm actually wearing matching clothes to work because i really don't care. today i managed to wear something ugly, yet matching but i undid all of that good by wearing my oh so fashionable, but gout foot friendly, navy Tevas....so stylish. fuck people, it was all i could do to show up at work today.

i'm spending money as though i actually have it. poor people should not go on Ebay and buy bellydancing shit. poor people should not go on Amazon and spend a birthday gift certificate and then spend an extra 20 (american) dollars on jewelry because then shipping is free. bad idea. but i've now got some nice garnet earrings coming...those should be really useful when times get tough. i should not be going out every night of the week (R!, are you working tomorrow night?)....at least i'm not 'supposed' to drink.

and it looks like the money situation won't be changing anytime soon. didn't get a call about an internship that i thought for sure i'd get an interview...it's an internship for fuck's sake! you're not supposed to need experience!

i'm starting to wonder how long i can be underemployed before people start to look at my resume and say, "gee, she must be fucking incompetent if she's got a masters and still works part time as a clerk for $13/hr". really. i'm thinking that i should add a section to my resume stating:

"My dad died suddenly in May you motherfuckers and if I look for a job out of the city my mom will be all alone, and I would be all alone. And I'm not not doing that to either of us. And Winnipeg librarians don't retire and the hiring practices are totally nepotistic and it's impossible to get a job here. so fuck right off."

....do you think there's a nice way to say that?

10 Comments:

Blogger yournamehere said...

They don't deserve nice.

6:06 p.m.  
Blogger Osbasso said...

I wish there was something I could do for ya... Anything we can do??

7:15 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

todd, you're right, they don't.

steph, i would totally go to work in full-out bellydance gear! the texas part might be a problem

os, i don't know that there's anything that can be done short of cutting up my credit card. just keep reminding me that things will get better. i did however wash my hair right after this post so that's a good start i guess.

kat, i could do that. but according to Barbara Bush there may be no room left in Texas since all the pathetic homeless hurricane victims living in the stadium are taking over the state. what a biatch. bellydancing clothing here i come!

7:52 p.m.  
Blogger The Funky Bee said...

I think that's the perfect way to say it. Aww things will get better! I will send good luck vibes your way so that you get a job/internship. Try to stay positive, as much as you want to tell me to fuck off for saying that...things will be good again!

9:18 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

thanks funky bee! please send me all the good vibes you've got.

11:46 p.m.  
Blogger ~art said...

Hopefully you will find something soon with people who will appreciate what a special person they will have working for them. Best wishes

8:25 a.m.  
Blogger Lou said...

Well if there is no room in Texas for you and your mom, I am sure we can accomidate you here in the Philly area!

12:19 p.m.  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Ugh, :) Sounds like a really annoying process.

Hey nothing wrong with the pony tail, some men find that attractive :)

R2000

5:50 p.m.  
Blogger aughra said...

I think that's worded perfectly.

It's the gout- it makes you self-pitying and non-hair-washing. But some of my best hairstyles come about when I don't wash it. Learn from this. Try new, exciting, keeping your mind off your foot, hairstyles.

Good luck, sweety. Hey - do you guys use the Dewey Dec system in CA?

10:15 p.m.  
Blogger Andi said...

I thought that said it quite eloquently, actually. I think it would get much more attention than colored resume paper and a nice scent anyday (Legally Blonde just took over my brain...apologies). Throw in the gout, too.

I hope you find something you like. Life feels ickier when work blows, and you deserve to feel sunny and wondermous all the time.

11:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home