Thursday, September 22, 2005

is it wrong to want to strangle an 8 year old/grade 3 boyfriend workin' it/cat in the hat...

had library class with the grade 3s the other day. these are the crazy grade 2s from last year with the 21 year old midget.

they come in and tear the place apart like crazed apes. they're funny and incessantly talking and asking question and ignoring the teacher.

3 of them ask if they can look up something in the card catalogue. i say fine. 5 minutes later one of them comes up to me carrying 2 cards he ripped out of the drawer. can you help me find godzilla? you ripped the cards out? what? i think i actually just choked on my tongue a little and said very nicely and said, "you may look in the card catalogue but you never, ever, rip cards out". they said they were sorry but i think they were lying.

then, the midget says to me, "you're hot". i'm like "what!?!". he then says, "just kidding" and proceeds to tell me that it's his brother who thinks i'm hot and beautiful and is in love with me and wants to marry me. ok. i have never met his brother. i ask the midget how old his brother is. turns out he's 4 and doesn't even go to my school so i don't know how he's managed to fall in love with me. i tell the midget that maybe he should bring his brother to come meet me. "no", he says, "you'll just fall in love and get married!". well, uh no, he's 4. and you're crazy!

then he asks me when i'm going to get married (he seems a bit obsessed with this topic to me). i tell him that i don't know. he tells me that i should marry the Cat in the Hat because it will last forever.

9 Comments:

Blogger Osbasso said...

You do have a way with the boys! I can see how they'd fall in love with you!!!

BTW--don't strangle anyone. Law enforcement frowns on that sort of thing!

6:30 p.m.  
Blogger ~art said...

Do you like green eggs and ham? Eat them eat them Sam I am. Will you eat them in a tree? No? Well if not then marry me. lol

8:20 a.m.  
Blogger Narrator said...

You still use card catalogues??

9:01 a.m.  
Blogger Lou said...

There has to be some type of electronic filing system to replace the card catalogues! They are so 80's... There is this new invention called a computer that probably could be leveraged in some way to replace them. Just a thought...

10:44 a.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

argh! yes, i know that card catalogues are from the last century! i blogged about it when i started there.

noni, so good to see you back, i've missed you!

10:59 a.m.  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

That is a funny charming story. Made me laugh and spray the coffee I was drinking at the time over someone's newspaper.

Thanks for the chuckle. cheers!

12:45 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

lecram, so glad that my story made you giggle! these silly kids crack me up.

steph, we're getting married as soon as my monchichi finds an appropriate dress.

5:02 p.m.  
Blogger aughra said...

Hmm, if you are going to marry a fictional character, I think you could do better than The Cat in the Hat.

7:51 a.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

aughra, i agree...i thought i could do better than the Cat in the Hat too! maybe horton would make a good husband....

3:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home