Tuesday, June 28, 2005

there is hope...

i hung out with my two grade 8 boyfriends all afternoon yesterday...was that ever interesting.

curly-locks, aka:#1 zep fan evah, aka: bf#1 called me mean when i told him that we were doing an exercise in patience and that he had to use the old (read: slow) computer in the library. he twitched and twitched and shifted and whined...but i figured it was good for him to sit still for 10 minutes. plus, i told him that if he couldn't sit still i was going to kick him out of the library because he was distracting bf#2 who was trying to do some powerpoint presentation but was really just talking to me. i also called him on calling me mean because i am so not mean to him! when i came back from my break, he had made a drawing on Paint for me with a globe, a big smile (he said i had nice teeth) that said "Ms. Homey G. you are the nicest librarian in the world!" i made him print it out and sign it. i nearly died it was so cute.

i'm supposed to bring him a gold star tomorrow (for sitting at the computer so well) and a flower barrette for his hair (to keep the curly-locks at bay without an 'against school policy' hat. he said he'd wear the barrette. we'll see about that.

bf #2 and i started talking about music and he was astounded that i knew his crazy Norwegian death metal shit. hell man, i had an ex-boyfriend who had the Cradle of Filth coffin-shaped box set! and i worked at a music store for 5 years so don't be tellin' me about the crazy Nordic music! thems my peeps!

one of the grade 5 girls was listening to Ciara and bf#2 nearly choked on his on tongue in disgust. i asked how he felt about Ciara and her greasiness and he said that she looks like she's been sprayed with PAM cooking spray! i nearly hugged him for that! young girls of winnipeg rejoice, there is a boy with common sense who doesn't fall for all the oiled-up, over-sexed bullshit out there...unfortunately he also loves Norwegian death metal...but he should grow out of that. i joked that Ciara is covered in PAM because she's ready to get on the grill.

he also did a rap that started off quite innocently but evolved into things like "gonna do my ho in the car, she's going to do her man, in the van..." and i had to put a stop to it, not because i didn't love it because it was the funniest thing ever, but i figured i might get canned if a teacher or another student came in and heard him rapping about hos and me laughing my ass off. he agreed that getting me fired was not a good idea. he also did a library rap that i can't remember because i was laughing so hard!

oh, and 'old school rap' meant "Vanilla Ice" to them...that's so cute.

i am so going to miss those boys...

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute!!!!!

we shall consider this you grooming them for when they turn 18!!!!!!

TX Princess Steph

11:21 a.m.  
Blogger Osbasso said...

Mary Kate L'Ago-go??

Just kidding! I have to agree w/bf#1 about the teeth!

I knew we had alot in common. I spent about 10 yrs managing a music store. That death metal shit just never made sense to me. And why is it all from Norway? I thought things were pretty good in Norway. I also thought ska was way overrated, rap was the black man's revenge on white America, and, if you took away their dance moves, the Backstreet Boys sang a capella as well as anyone around.

12:19 p.m.  
Blogger egan said...

I love bf#2. Can I have him? Thanks for painting this great picture for us. I can totally see you having these conversations with the two kids. You have a true gift to be able to relate to grade 8 boys. Kudos Ago! Aloysious will be pleased.

Os, "black man's revenge on America"? Does that mean the Backstreet Boys are white America's punishment for our tyranny?

12:26 p.m.  
Blogger egan said...

Ice ice baby, ice ice baby
All right stop, collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Then I flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop? yo -- I don’t know
Turn off the lights and I’ll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.

3:00 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

steph, i'm still convinced #1 will be a big rockstar when he grows up. i'll be sure to let you know when he's touring texas!

os, death metal makes me laugh out loud. do you know Messhuggah? i think they're from Sweden. it's so fast and such a blur of noise that you can't make out any particular instruments, nevermind words! when they used to play it at the music store it caused me to roll around on the floor laughing. death metal fans don't like it when you roll around on the floor laughing at their music, makes them even scowlier.

...and i'm ignore the letourneau jab....

egan, bf#2 is also the one who wears the brown hoodie every day, although since it's warmed up, the hoodie seems to have been abandoned. and i will share him with you no problem, he's a neat kid.

i never thought that i would get along so well with these kids, notably the boys. it astounds me actually.

5:00 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

...ignoring, ing, ing,ing! argh!

5:12 p.m.  
Blogger egan said...

Yo... check out the hook...

6:05 p.m.  
Blogger Osbasso said...

Did you notice I said Mary Kate instead of Mary Kay? A little Freudian slip there on my part, I think. I certainly don't think of you as a skinny-ass anorexic party bitch who looks scarier now than when she did as a bug-eyed kid on TV. Which is not to say I think of you as being an overweight wallflower. Or that you look scary. Or that you have bug-eyes. Should I quit now?

6:54 p.m.  
Blogger yournamehere said...

Os, I have finally met a peer in the "I have no game with the ladies" category. Congratulations?

7:25 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

egan, are you still singing?


kat, i can just see Ciara sizzling in the pan with bits of grease snapping as we flip her over with the giant spatula...or maybe roasting on a spit! i think it's frightening that i've found my anti-ciara soul mate in a 14 year old boy!

and use 'scowlier' as much as you like. i have many more non-words where that came from!


os, quitting now would be good. although my grade 2 boyfriend (the 'legal' one) called me "too skinny and big" today which was none too flattering. i think by big he meant tall...he'd better have.


ynh, i'd like to see a "no game with the ladies" competition between you and os, that would be fun!

and did you see in Rolling Stone that Jessica Alba has a boyfriend who is not you (or me)! what the fuck is up with that?

8:41 p.m.  
Blogger Andi said...

This is why I loves ya baby:

i worked at a music store for 5 years so don't be tellin' me about the crazy Nordic music! thems my peeps!

Now, if you'll excuse me, my fuckin' eyeballs are going to explode. Damn romance novels.

9:00 p.m.  
Blogger yournamehere said...

Jessica chose a handsome guy with a good job over me! C'mon, I write viva las vegASS and have a low-paying job a stunned monkey could do.
You still have a shot, ago-go. Recreational lesbianism isn't cheating.

9:24 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

andi, thank you babe, just doin' what i do....and i hope you are at least getting some action with _______ after all this sexy reading you've been doing! otherwise, it's all for not.


ynh, sigh, i know....he was surprisingly attractive and looked like a sweet person. damn her for picking a good man!

9:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home