Wednesday, June 29, 2005

neither here, nor there....

a bunch of random for you

  • the end times are near, i'm sure of it. Winnipeg is flooding and the rain just won't stop. what's the next stage in the apocalypse? fire, i think...



  • brought in a gold star and my red flowered barrette for grade 8 boyfriend #1. he wore them both proudly.



  • robert plant or whoever is left alive from Led Zeppelin is coming to Winnipeg in the fall. bf#1 was nearly in hysterics all day and is planning to sleep in front of ticketmaster until tickets go on sale next week. please don't trip over him. oh, and the little bugger broke my barrette.



  • i now understand why people spend way too much money buying pre-made bridesmaid dresses at the store. because i am dealing with the seamstress from hell! she tried to make me pick up my dress without trying it on one final time. uh, no. and then she sighed dramatically when i asked her to adjust the strap so it wouldn't constantly fall off my shoulder. "that's because your shoulders are not the same height", she said. i don't care if my left fucking shoulder is a foot shorter than my right, just fix the goddamn strap without moaning. and then she tried to convince me that no one would notice the Madonna cone-bra points on the chest of the dress! hello? they were fucking projectiles! fix them! the wedding is next Saturday (the 9th)and apparently i'm going to look like shit.



  • our city has a new entomologist who is 'hot'. this is according to the sex-starved old biddies who write for the paper and like Michael BublĂ© and things like Riverdance. their definition of 'hot' is apparently: under 40 years old and not totally ugly because he's 37, has long curly hair, and looks pretty dern regular to me (i looked but i couldn't find a photo for you guys, sorry). however, i don't give a shit if he's hot or not...if he can prevent me from getting any more mosquito bites this summer and wanting to perform self-amputation, i will make out with him for a full hour! i'm serious, that is a genuine offer Taz.

6 Comments:

Blogger egan said...

Entomology? What is it with you and the study of bug? I so wish I lived in Winnipeg right now because I am all about making out.

5:21 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

egan, in the summer my life seems to revolve around mosquito bites and the pain i suffer because of them...my feet swell up and it aint pretty and it makes me grouchy! i figure if this Taz guy can fix the skeeter problem with a few dragonflies, he deserves to cop a feel or two.

5:47 p.m.  
Blogger Ian said...

Come to Oz, sure we've got mozzies, but mostly the flies take your mind of them, or the spiders eat them. And while we're making out you won't notice the flies or the spiders either.

6:31 p.m.  
Blogger Andi said...

I hate having things tailored. Such a pain in the ass. Good luck getting your boobs reeled in and your shoulders aligned.

7:30 p.m.  
Blogger egan said...

Hey, no skeeters here once again and can you send me your HNT submission tout de suite? I need to approve it before something bad happens. Merci en avance!

8:20 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm i really like your blog. i totally missed bookmarking you last week and i KNOW i meant to. i am goign to link you cause you rock and are funny and also you are a fellow Canadian and shit.

we are TOTALLY going to TRY and get robert plant tktgs too!!

1:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home