Monday, April 18, 2005

a double shot

it stormed here last night; rocking the house thunder and lightening...which was all good because we need the rain to wash away all the gross prairie winter grime, until i realized that i had left my sandals outside in the 25 degree sun to get the 'been in storage since september' stink out of them. note: wet stinky shoes smell much much worse than dry stinky shoes.

because of the rain, it's f-ing tropical here: thick, humid, lovely beach and margarita weather. not lovely 'go to work and sit in a sauna for several hours' weather. it was practically a jungle in the damn school. not even dressing appropriately helped...which presented the challenge of trying to simultaneously remain cool and unclothed, while still appearing decent and authoritative.

on the note of clothes, i wore this great red printed skirt today, so great in fact that 2 teachers complimented me with 5 minutes of being at work. hoever, i have now decided that it is a 'standing up only' skirt, no sitting is allowed while wearing it because after sitting in my car for 10 minutes, my ass is all wrinkled and said skirt looks much less fabulous all creased up. if only i could be transported everywhere i need to go standing up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

I have a shirt like the skirt you mentioned. Whenever I wear it I get oodles of compliments, but the bastard needs ironing ALL THE TIME. If I breathe it wrinkles.

7:48 p.m.  
Blogger Osbasso said...

I was trying to figure out why 25 degrees would be considered tropical. Then it dawned on me. Why can't the rest of the world use Farenheit like US??

10:41 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

katarina --the kids are done school at the end of june so technically that means that i have the summer off. however, the job doesn't pay well enough to allow me to not work all summer so i will have to find something else for sure.

andi --clothes that need to be ironed are dumb. the end.

os --i know, the nerve of us not wanting to give up centigrade...or the metric system for that matter!

1:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home