Wednesday, November 30, 2005

gong.....gong.....gong....gong.......

yesterday i was driving to a bellydance show and couldn't find the stupid location. so i keep driving around and the car in front of me signals to turn left. so he gets over to the far lane and suddenly decides that backing up would be a good idea. sorry, backing up into me would be a good idea. i honk like a sonofabitch but the fucker keeps backing up. crash. turns out the driver is some old guy (who probably shouldn't be driving anymore) and he "didn't see me". which means he didn't look. who the fuck backs up on a major thoroughfare and doesn't look behind them?

fortunately, no damage to me or my car but i was pretty fucked up and i parked on the side of the road so i could cry hysterically in my bellydance garb. not pretty. so yeah, i've got the rage.

i want to live somewhere where there are no cars. i don't think it would be a good idea for me to drive tonight.

7 Comments:

Blogger Osbasso said...

Who backs up on a major thoroughfare at all?? Sorry to hear it--I'll assume you missed your gig. But way glad that you and the car are OK! You could move here, where there's all sorts of open and you can drive anywhere/anyway you want (apparently, that's in the "new resident's handbook" that they give people at the state line).

I've missed you for awhile--everything OK?? Other than old men driving cars?

8:16 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

yes, yes i missed the gig...wasn't really in a dancing mood after that.

things are ok, just haven't been around much and my life is seriously too boring to blog about.

11:00 p.m.  
Blogger The Funky Bee said...

aww sorry you had a rough one Ago-go. With every year that passes I hate driving more and more. I am lucky enough to live close to work and don't have to get onto the beltway much anymore for anything. When I do I am a nervous wreck. Not because I can't drive (I am a hellova driver, and parallel parker too!) but because it seems like no one else does. No one looks around, no one pays attention. It's so frustrating. I would love to live where there are no cars too...but then I need to be able to blink myself in and out of places like I dream of Jeanie!!

12:24 p.m.  
Blogger egan said...

The boring Ago is the fun Ago. Something clearly is amiss since your profanity ratio was at an all-time low. Which is shocking considering what this post is about. Drop the f bomb like you used to or not. C'est ta choix! Have a good weekend.

3:22 p.m.  
Blogger aughra said...

I'm sorry. It's so hard to be shaken up like that.

Take care of you.

10:28 p.m.  
Blogger Andi said...

Awww, bebe! Sorry to hear about the moron. If only we could snatch people's heads off their shoulders at will.

8:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about that

you know i just do not understand why if there is an age where you take a test to get your lisence why there isn't an age that once you pass you have to take a test every six months to keep the bloody thing. seriously.

9:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home