Wednesday, August 24, 2005

work (or lack of work) is pushing me over the edge...

the woman from the Millennium library called today to tell me that i didn't get the reference job. actually, i knew last night that i didn't get it because this girl i know emailed me dishing that she got the job...oh, the joys of pretending to be happy for her!

i have sent out at least 15 resumes over the last 2 months and have had a total of 1 interview (the job i didn't get), 1 goddamn interview!...what a way to crush my spirit. all this internal hiring is fucking pissing me off! -don't pretend that you actually want my resume and then don't call me in for an interview and then send me a letter saying that you were really impressed with my resume but you hired someone else....you obviously hired internally so fuck right off.

so since i can't find a decent job i'm fucking stuck going back to the school in September and i've been trying to find out what day i have to go back. you'd think the fucking head HR people could tell me that. but no. and now i have to find someone who actually knows. you too can fuck right off head HR people! maybe i should just forget to go back.

i think i'm just going to go back to bed. buy me something from my list, that might make me feel better...

12 Comments:

Blogger ~art said...

perhaps they were just intimidated by your beauty

12:47 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

art, you are very sweet but i thought being decent looking was supposed to help, not hinder you in the working work....maybe i need to start thinking about acquiring an Alaskan husband to support me.

1:02 p.m.  
Blogger ~art said...

sounds like a plan. Then you can get a high rise igloo and cook Caribo for supper as he comes home from whaleing. After supper you can make whale oil and soap and :P

1:29 p.m.  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Sorry you didn't get a/the job. I'm leaving my job in 3 and a half weeks to start my own business from home. Who knows... I may look at my own resume and not hire myself.

Good luck though.

3:59 p.m.  
Blogger Andi said...

Uggg, internal hiring is the bane of my existence. I don't know why they even bother posting the damn jobs. I wish you the best darling, and if all else fails, move to Texas...Steph will be your sugar mama. I'll pitch in and be your sugar cousin.

5:32 p.m.  
Blogger Ian said...

Go back to the school! Those kiddies need you! Will your grade 8 boyfriends be grade 9 now?

(Wish my librarians looked like you when I was in grade 8, but instead they looked more like this)

6:42 p.m.  
Blogger egan said...

Go back to fucking bed because we don't want to hear about your lack of skills in the real world.

But seriously, I love the way you drop the f bomb. Can you call my work number and leave me a voicemail? My number is 613-545-3218. Don't be alarmed if my parents answer.

7:52 p.m.  
Blogger aughra said...

good luck. I don't know what to say - I actually want to go back to school to get my Lib Sci degree. And then we can fight for jobs. Or could. If you lived in SE Mi.

9:38 p.m.  
Blogger Megan said...

Did Egan just for reals post his phone number on the world wide web? What a whore.

Chin up. At least they liked you enough to call you. The interview I had three weeks ago or a month or whatever? Crickets, man. No one called my ass.

10:39 p.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

andi, texas is looking like a really good option right now!

ian, my grade 9 bfs have graduated and i will no longer see them anymore...sniff. i love the kids but i hate the lousy hours and shitty pay.

aughra, do not do Library Studies unless you want to encounter the most narcissistic, egotistical, and self-imortant people on the planet. library school was not one of the high points of my life.

megan, i'm trying to stay positive. it is hard.

2:29 a.m.  
Blogger ago-go said...

steph, i may take you up on the room thing and i'll call you if i need some assistance kicking ass!

6:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you gotta make sure you are interviewed by men! although that is so out of our control..

fuckers all of them..i know there ARE good people in HR but mostly i have just been fucked by HR.

good luck.. :)

6:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home